Reports to: Art Program Director
Time commitment: 10 hours per week
The art department assistant will be responsible for assisting in a variety of tasks for the art department. These tasks include assisting with the Art Program’s Publicity, Website Maintenance, and Social Media; Archiving and Photography; Art Gallery Assistant and Curator; Event coordinator and Recruitment Assistance.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and guests.
- Assist with publicity, advertising and promotion of all events, exhibitions and functions of the Art Department at FPU.
- Weekly maintenance of the Art Department’s Website and Social Media Pages.
- Regular Photography of Art Department events, exhibitions and classes. Archiving of these images.
- Carry out all curatorial duties for FPU Art Exhibitions.
- Act as Art Department event coordinator and liaise with FPU Events staff.
- Assist in recruiting for the FPU Art Program.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Background/ experience in Art/ Design preferred.
- Experience in Art Galleries/ Art Administration preferred.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple proprieties and complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written data on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Send Completed Applications To
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.