Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Chair, Department of Nursing, Health Sciences Division, School of Natual Sciences
Status: Faculty rank; continuing-status track
Time commitment: Full-time; 11-month collaborate
Start date: Negotiable
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a visionary nursing leader/educator to expand our service to the community, locally and globally. Our current CCNE accredited programs include an ADN - BSN program and a MSN program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the feasibility phase. This nursing leader will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those who are underserved.
- Provide visionary leadership for the MSN/FNP program;
- Manage and maintain compliance with the rules and regulations of Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE);
- Responsible for ensuring students are aware of and complete requirements for placement in the clinical setting and follow guidelines set forth within student clinical agreements;
- Work with students to ensure all necessary health, safety, and background check documentation is uploaded and clears required screening service in advance of starting their first clinical practicum;
- Collaborate with students to determine best clinical placement to meet program requirements;
- Act as a student advocate. Advise students for successful completion of clinical hours;
- Meet with Practicum Supervisors to receive updates on student’s progress, receive student evaluations and assign students for each practicum;
- Responsible for community outreach and relationship development with Central Valley clinical sites and preceptors that have been identified independently or by a student, faculty or Nursing Department leadership for potential future placement of students;
- Manage the Clinical Affiliation Agreement process when establishing new clinical sites. Serve as the liaison between the clinic/practice and FPU CFO in execution of contract. Identify contracts expiring within 60 days and initiate renewing the agreement. Ensure contracts are recorded and store properly in print and electronically;
- Record all contact with sites, preceptors, and students within a data management system;
- Draft and maintain clinical rotation schedules for students within our FNP PREP graduate residency partnership;
- Monitor that all new preceptors have submitted documents, licensure and meet program requirements to precept. Provide preceptor education and communicate expectations;
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, practicum supervisors, and program/college leadership;
- Teach graduate clinical courses and collaborate with MSN Program Director regarding syllabi, PSLO’s, clinical policies, and student advisement;
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education and administration. Highly recommend Doctoral-level preparation. All faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete a terminal degree
- Documentation of active and unencumbered Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner Furnishing licenses in the state of California
- Verification of national certification by AANPBC or ANCC as a FNP-C in the programs population-focused area of Family Practice
- One (1) year experience teaching in a Nurse Practitioner program
- One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience in direct patient care in family practice/primary care as a registered FNP-C with furnishing
- Willingness to maintain currency in practice through activities in addition to direct patient care (e.g. community-based initiatives, public health practice, patient/group health education, or occupational health programs)
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Ability to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle
- Experience with CCNE accreditation and/or California BRN approval processes
- Current BLS preferred
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies
- Experience with andragogy and online learning environments
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education
Dependent on qualifications and experience, paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
A faculty application is available at the link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Karen Cianci
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.