Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Dean of the School of Natural Sciences
Status: Faculty rank; continuing-status track
Time commitment: Full-time; 11-month faculty administrative appointment
Start date: Negotiable
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a visionary nursing leader/educator to expand our service to the community, locally and globally. The current CCNE accredited programs include an ADN – BSN program and an MSN program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the feasibility phase. This nursing leader will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those who are underserved.
- Provide visionary leadership for the nursing department
- Oversee administration of all aspects of nursing programs
- Teach in the masters or undergraduate programs
- Lead assessment and accreditation reviews
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda
- Lead ongoing professional development for faculty in teacher preparation, nursing theory and practice, faith and liberal arts integration
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships both with internal and external constituents
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development
- Strive towards excellence in every student’s education
- Earned DNP or PhD in Nursing, or comparable degree (candidates with a master’s degree, or those nearing terminal degree completion, may be considered). All faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement
- Evidence of passion to mentor and advise undergraduate nursing majors
- Evidence of effective administrative leadership
- Evidence of effective teaching in a collegiate level nursing program
- Unrestricted California Registered Nurse license
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Ability to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle
- Experience with CCNE accreditation and CA BRN approval processes
- Current BLS preferred
- Family Nurse Practitioner with National Certification
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies
- Experience with andragogy and online learning environments
Dependent on qualifications and experience, paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
A faculty application is available at the link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Karen Cianci
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.