Department: School of Education
Reports to: Dean in the School of Education
Status: Faculty rank, Continuing status track
Time commitment: Full-time, 11-month faculty appointment
Start date: July 1, 2018
Fresno Pacific University’s liberal arts program invites applications for a Program Director/Faculty position. The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts is an 18-month degree completion program designed for adult learners interested in a broad, multi-disciplinary education. This program prepares students in the subject matter requirements of the California multiple subject teaching credential and is aligned with CSET requirements. Accordingly, the program is recommended for those interested in teaching as well as those desiring a liberal arts education relevant to many other careers. Core courses are blended (face to face and online) and meet once per week for four hours in a cohort setting.
The Director provides leadership and management of a high-quality bachelor’s level liberal arts program that achieves academic and community building outcomes and that advances the values of the Fresno Pacific University Idea and the Statement of Faith.
This position requires travel to regional campuses in Fresno, Visalia, Merced, and Bakersfield. Courses are taught primarily in the evenings at the Regional Campuses.
- Assume leadership responsibilities for the Liberal Arts Degree Completion program at all four campuses Bakersfield, Visalia, North Fresno, and Merced;
- Communicate regularly with program faculty and adjuncts regarding program needs and direction;
- Develop faculty resources, including periodic training and review meetings;
- Work with relevant traditional undergraduate faculty to ensure qualified and adequate faculty for DC-LA courses;
- Review and coordinate syllabi with appropriate subject area program directors to ensure contents are complete and program learning outcomes are addressed and achieved;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda, and ongoing professional development and participation in teacher preparation professional organizations and agencies;
- Maintain professional memberships;
- Oversee program development, direction, and compliance with regulatory agencies;
- Maintain current list of textbooks used within the program and collaborate with the bookstore for text availability;
- Conduct program reviews and process recommendations for program modifications with program faculty;
- Regularly review assessment results with faculty and others, and coordinate assessment goals and priorities with deans and others;
- Where applicable, author accreditation documents;
- Schedule instructors for courses; and communicate regularly with administrative assistants regarding course schedules and faculty assignments;
- Recommend/supervise/evaluate adjunct faculty in coordination with division chairs and dean, and provide evaluation documentation;
- Review and respond to course evaluations of program faculty;
- Represent program to potential new students or new majors and/or schedule departmental faculty for such duties of events;
- Oversee cohort class representatives;
- Respond to student, faculty and staff requests, needs, complaints and/or grievances as needed in a timely manner (usually within 2 days excluding weekends and holidays);
- Initiate and maintain relationship/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions;
- Investigate opportunities for grants that will expand the program reach and enhance its effectiveness;
- Seek out and participate in activities that will serve local Fresno area communities;
- Pursue DC Liberal Arts Waiver for CTC;
- Launch DC Liberal Arts online program.
- Earned terminal degree in appropriate field of study;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement (i.e. publications in the field);
- Experience in the K-12 system;
- Experience working with adults in education;
- Prior leadership experience;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Experience working with adults in degree completion programs
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Gary Gramenz
Dean, School of Education
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2001
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.