Department: Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Degree Completion
Reports to: Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness and Degree Completion
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Associate Provost of Degree Completion, this staff position provides analytical and administrative functions for the Degree Completion General Education program; the Degree Completion program as a whole; and for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Scheduling and administering DC general education and elective courses in detail.
- Assigning adjuncts to DC general education and elective courses.
- Providing administrative support for contracting adjuncts.
- Watching course enrollments and making adjustments to course offerings.
- In collaboration with other departments, creating and posting schedules for every DC major cohort.
- Organizing accreditation evidence files for the university.
- Proofreading accreditation documents.
- Updating the DC Faculty Handbook annually.
- Supervising student worker to aid in administrative functions.
- Providing faculty and program directors with information regarding DC policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Collecting and processing adjunct applications.
- Tracking enrollment data for all DC general education/elective courses and predicting course section needs.
- Researching university best practices/policies. Writing initial drafts of change proposals.
- Creating flowcharts as requested.
- Creating forms/documents as requested.
- Advising OlE on processes/administration.
- Organizing program-specific accreditations as requested.
- Scheduling and attending meetings.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous administrative assistant experience or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Degree Completion.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with faculty, staff and administration.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Ability to analyze data trends.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Model Christian values and embrace and practice servant leadership.
- Excellent academic oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Progress toward, or completion of a master’s degree.
- Knowledge/experience with student support delivery systems.
- Experience with assessment and accreditation support.
- Systems thinking/problem solving ability.
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or other church in the Believers Church tradition.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least ninety percent (90%) of the time.
- Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Send Completed Applications To
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.