Reports to: Vice President of Enrollment Management
Time commitment: 40+ hours per week; 12 month contract
Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment, the Director of Regional Recruitment and Graduate Admissions oversees both regional recruitment and outreach, and graduate admissions. Responsibilities for Regional Recruitment include directing the recruitment and outreach efforts of all adult graduate and degree completion programs. Responsibilities for Graduate Admissions include overseeing processing, procedures, and admission of prospective graduate students for the graduate programs. The Director will supervise the regional campus Assistant Directors of Outreach, aiding the development and maintenance of a strategic, efficient and proactive recruitment and admissions strategy. This individual will train and develop procedures for the regional office as well as for the regional campuses and will be responsible for meeting University enrollment goals. This individual will be responsible for coordinating the development, management and maintenance of the University and Campus recruitment plans for adult programs, while coordinating with the Executive Director of Enrollment Marketing regarding marketing plans. The Director will conduct individual and group presentations, while engaging in community events and networking opportunities to work toward meeting enrollment goals and fulfilling the University’s mission and vision. In addition, the Director will serve as a liaison with Program Directors, monitor the student application process; assist in development of admissions materials, communicate deadlines and additional important information. The Director will meet with Program Directors, Campus Staff, and other campus administrators regularly to work on processes, projects, recruitment, and enrollment. The Director will co-manage the regional office staff and budget.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and guests.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Successful recruitment experience
- Experience in working with adults in an educational or similar setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups in all organizational levels; both inside and outside the University
- Ability to communicate through oral presentations and networking
- Data processing experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Willingness to travel regionally and to work afternoon/evenings and occasional weekends when needed
- Ability to think analytically and problem-solve to enhance student enrollment, retention and success
- Experience in leading training of staff
- Understanding of data analytics and their use in data driven decisions
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Strong commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- 5 or more years’ experience in a University setting
- Familiar with Appreciative Advising
- Familiar with basic recruitment, marketing, enrollment, advising and financial aid procedures
- Knowledge of FERPA requirements
- Prior public relations, and/or marketing experience helpful
- Master’s Degree
Collaborate In The Following Areas…
- Recruitment of new students from inquiry to enrollment.
- Annual planning of the recruitment calendar.
- Bridge building between main campus and regional centers
- Communication of policy and procedure changes
- Monitoring student recruitment, retention and matriculation
- Organizing and co-facilitating weekly regional Staff Meetings and regional campus meetings
- Supervising regional office professional and student staff members
- Participating in a variety of campus and systems committees, groups and meetings
- Working with Regional Campus’s staff, faculty and administration on both community and Regional Campus activities and events
- Attending regular Program Director’s meetings
- Coordinating monthly meetings with Registrar’s office
- Working closely with faculty and student service areas to help meet the needs of the student
- Tracking student information and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Serving as an articulate spokesperson for the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University
- Other duties as assigned
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least ninety percent (70%) of the time.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Proficient at multitasking.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 50% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Travel alone between campuses.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Send Completed Applications To
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.