Department: School of Natural Sciences
Status: Faculty rank; continuing-status track
Time commitment: Full-time or Part-time; 11-month faculty administrative appointment
Start date: July 1, 2020
Fresno Pacific University invites applications for a visionary leader, able administrator, and strong teacher to develop and expand our innovative computer science programs to serve our students and our community. This position will oversee current programs in software engineering and computer information systems, build the cooperative interface between these programs and tech industries, and promote computing majors and minors within the university and in the valley.
- Provide visionary leadership and administrative oversight for the software engineering and computer information systems (CIS) programs;
- Teach introductory and upper division undergraduate computing courses in a variety of modalities, including online and blended approaches;
- Provide competent instruction in the applied and theoretical aspects of computing and software development;
- Work with faculty and staff in other departments to design and refine curriculum and identify opportunities for collaboration;
- Work with local community and industry to identify and secure project experience for students;
- Lead assessment and accreditation reviews;
- Lead ongoing professional development for faculty in teacher preparation; computing and software development, faith and liberal arts integration;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Develop a scholarly research program that incorporates undergraduate student research;
- Recruit, mentor, and advise undergraduate students;
- Contribute to departmental, university and community activities and service.
- Earned terminal degree in appropriate field of study (ABD candidates will be considered)
- Evidence of effective administrative leadership.
- Evidence of effective teaching in a collegiate level
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Evidence of strong commitment to mentoring and advising of students, especially underrepresented minorities in STEM;
- Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- PhD or EdD in technology or related field;
- Minimum of two - three years of university teaching experience;
- Curriculum and program development experience;
- Industry or nonprofit agency experience.
Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Karen Cianci, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.