Status: Full-time, with faculty rank; continuing status track
Time commitment: 9-11-month faculty appointment in the School of Natural Sciences
Start date: Negotiable
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a visionary nursing leader/educator to expand our service to the community, locally and globally. Our current CCNE accredited programs include an ADN - BSN program and an MSN program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the feasibility phase. This nursing leader will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those who are underserved. This position reports to the Chair, Department of Nursing, Health Sciences Division.
- Provide visionary leadership for the traditional undergraduate BSN program;
- Coordinates and directs all activities in developing, implementing, and managing the traditional undergraduate BSN program;
- Develop and administer policies and procedures reflecting nursing program philosophy and objectives;
- Supervise and evaluate all program faculty, practicum supervisors and staff;
- Collaborate with Dean of Natural Sciences and Nursing Department Chair in developing and implementing annual program budget;
- Plan, manage and evaluate curriculum development and implementation;
- Manage and maintain compliance with the rules and regulations of Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE);
- Act as a student advocate;
- Work with nursing chair to ensure ongoing professional development for faculty in teacher preparation, nursing theory and practice, faith and liberal arts integration;
- Ensures faculty input into program policy development, evaluation of all aspects of program and outcomes;
- Evaluate, manage and assign student/teacher ratio in the clinical setting;
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships both with internal and external constituents;
- Program promotion and community outreach including development of academic and service partnerships and initiatives;
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Teach in the traditional undergraduate BSN program and/or, if qualified, in other nursing programs;
- Strive towards excellence in every student’s education
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education and administration. All faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree.
- One (1) years’ experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities in a nursing program;
- Two (2) years’ experience teaching in a pre- or post-licensure RN program;
- One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience in direct patient care as a RN; or an equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing;
- Willingness to remain current in nursing practice;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement, including research in clinical applied or integrative fields;
- Active unencumbered California Registered Nurse license;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to learn and navigate course management systems and virtual learning environments such as Moodle;
- Ability to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Experience with CCNE accreditation and/or California BRN approval processes;
- Current BLS preferred;
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies;
- Experience with andragogy and online learning environments.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
A faculty application is available at the link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Karen Cianci
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.