Department: School of Business
Reports to: Dean in the School of Business
Time commitment: Full-time position in the School of Business, with faculty rank; continuing status track; 9-11 month faculty appointment to be determined.
Start date: July 1, 2020
Fresno Pacific University’s growing School of Business invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the area of finance. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Business, this faculty member will provide strategic guidance on finance coursework delivered to both undergraduate and graduate students in onsite, blended, and online modalities, while teaching across populations and modalities. This faculty member will work with a team of business faculty with varying areas of expertise to advance the Fresno Pacific Idea through innovative, Christ-centered service to students and the community.
- Teach within the undergraduate and graduate business degree programs
- Communicate regularly with program directors to keep them abreast of current financial trends and coursework needs
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda as evidenced by publications and presentations
- Active participation in direct and indirect student recruitment efforts
- Assist with advising/mentoring of students in the major/program
- Initiate and build relationships/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions in efforts to expand and grow the School of Business
- Ensure program offerings and curriculum strongly support student learning outcomes as dictated by industry and market need
- Participate actively with industry advisory board to ensure graduates of the program meet the needs of employers
- Earned terminal degree in the area of finance, economics, or a closely related field (those in dissertation phase may be considered)
- Demonstrated success for college-level curriculum development and teaching in different instructional modalities including blended and fully online courses with traditional and nontraditional adult learners
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives
- Strong relational, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Successful leadership, management, or administration experience
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity
- Identifiable passion for connecting with students
- Proven ability/desire to pursue socially-impactful application in field
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the regions where the regional campuses are located
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toFresno Pacific University
School of Business
Dr. Katie Fleener, Dean
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2303
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email Jessica.Kulzer@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.