Department: School of Business
Reports to: Dean of the School of Business
Status: Faculty rank; continuing status track
Time commitment: Full-time; 9 or 10-month faculty appointment
Start date: July 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is discerned
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Teach within the undergraduate degree program in the business core and concentration area (upper division);
- Teaching assignment will include traditional and degree completion undergraduate programs and graduate programs based on the candidate’s education and previous experience;
- Represent academic programs to prospective students and professionals on the main campus and regional campuses;
- Communicate regularly with the Dean and Program Director regarding program needs and direction;
- Lead course development, direction, review, and coordinate syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved;
- Assist in recruiting candidates, answer inquiries, conduct interviews with potential students, review application files, and make recommendation regarding admittance when requested;
- Investigate and apply for grants that will expand the program to reach and enhance its effectiveness.
- Earned terminal degree in Economics, Finance or appropriate field of study, (candidates with a master’s degree, or those nearing terminal degree completion, may be considered); all faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Mentor and advise business majors (as well as general education students);
- Demonstrated teaching experience in business operations, project management, logistics, business law, human resources, management, entrepreneurship, marketing, economics, or finance;
- Demonstrated success for college-level curriculum development and teaching for undergraduate business courses;
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty;
- Ability to teach and work with persons from diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives;
- Strong relational, oral, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning, and involvement in a local church.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration experience;
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity;
- Identifiable passion for connecting with students;
- Proven ability/desire to pursue socially-impactful application in field;
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the regions where the regional campuses are located;
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Jim Bryan, Interim DeanSchool of Business, Box 2303Fresno Pacific University1717 S. Chestnut AvenueFresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.