Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Chair, Department of Nursing
Status: Faculty rank; clinical or tenure track
Time commitment: Full-time: 9 or 10-month appointment
Start date: 07/01/2022
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a nursing educator with expertise in obstetrics, mental health, pediatrics, -or- geriatrics to join a visionary team as it builds new programs. The current CCNE accredited programs include an RN–to–BSN program and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the self-study phase before the BRN. This nursing faculty member will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those underserved in the community. Two (2), tenure-track faculty members will be hired for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Teach in the baccalaureate program(s). Area of specialization is open but must be able to teach in one or more of the following areas: pediatrics, obstetrics, mental health, and/or geriatrics.
- Develop curriculum in area of expertise.
- Direct and indirect supervision of students in diverse clinical settings.
- Coordination of clinical, lab, and course assignments in collaboration with the faculty team within the academic level assigned.
- Evaluation of students in class and clinical/lab settings.
- Regular communication with students regarding their progress.
- Maintenance of student academic records.
- Pursue an active scholarly professional development agenda while promoting a focus on student-faculty collaborative research.
- Mentor and advise nursing students.
- Clinical position with a requirement of a masters degree, OR
- Tenure-track position with a requirement of a terminal degree (or completion of a terminal degree, Ph.D. or DNP, as a requisite for continued employment).
- Minimum of one (1) year direct patient RN experience within the previous five (5) years of clinical nursing experience in one of the following areas(s): obstetrics, mental health, pediatrics, or geriatrics.
- Current clinical experience or one (1) academic year of registered nurse-level clinical teaching experience and ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
- The equivalent of one (1) year of teaching experience can be met by:
- Teaching one (1) year in a pre-or post-RN baccalaureate program OR
- Completion of post BSN educational courses that includes practice in teaching registered nurses given by an accredited college.
- Unrestricted and unencumbered current California Registered Nurse license.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching at a collegiate level.
- Must be open to teaching in both traditional undergraduate and accelerated degree programs both in-person and online (or in a hybrid, Hi-Flex format).
- Commitment to quality undergraduate instruction with attention to student success as an indicator of academic excellence.
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment.
- Evidence of passion for student mentoring.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle or Typhon.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Doctoral degree.
- Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate.
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies.
Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF).
A faculty application is available at fpu.edu/visitors/careers - the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:Dr. Tara Sirvent Dean,
School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.