Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Program Director Chair - Department of Nursing, Health Sciences Division, School of Natural Sciences
Time commitment: Full-time, with faculty rank; continuing status track; 9, 10 or 11 month faculty appointment
Start date: negotiable
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a nursing educator to join a visionary team as it builds new programs. The current CCNE accredited programs include an ADN – BSN program and an MSN program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the feasibility phase. This nursing faculty member will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those who are underserved.
- Teach in graduate programs;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Mentor and advise nursing MSN/FNP majors.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education and administration. Highly recommend Doctoral-level preparation. All faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete a terminal degree
- Documentation of active and unencumbered Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner Furnishing and Registered Nurse licenses in the state of California
- Verification of national certification by AANPCB or ANCC as an NP in population-focused area of family practice
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching in a collegiate level
- One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience in direct patient care in family practice as a registered NP
- Minimum of five (5) year’s experience in nursing and one (1) year current clinical experience
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Evidence of passion for student mentoring
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle
- Doctoral Degree
- Biligual and multicultural competencies
Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
A faculty application is available at link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Karen CianciDean, School of Natural SciencesFresno Pacific University1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.