Department: School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences
Reports to: Dean in the School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences
Status: Faculty rank; continuing status track
Time commitment: Full-time; 11-month faculty appointment
Start date: July 1, 2018. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2018
Fresno Pacific University is a faith-based, Hispanic Serving Institution located in the San Joaquin Valley of California. The social work program makes a significant contribution to the field in the Central Valley, helping students develop generalist social-work practice skills. This position reports to the Social Work Degree Completion Program Co-Director.
- Teach across the curriculum spectrum included in a generalist education;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development;
- Teach in the evenings in the degree completion format (across FPU’s regional campuses: Merced, North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield), which includes hybrid blended six-week courses;
- Curriculum development;
- Contribute to ongoing program assessment and evaluation.
- Earned terminal degree in appropriate field of study (candidates with a master’s degree, or those nearing terminal degree completion, may be considered); all faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Mentor and advise social work majors (as well as general education students);
- Experience or aptitude for outstanding college-level teaching;
- Minimum of five years post-Master’s experience in the social work/human services profession;
- Interest and experience in online development for hybrid courses;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Evidence of scholarly contributions to the field of social work;
- Ability to ethically integrate Christian faith in the field of social work education;
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies;
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle;
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file toDr. Ron HermsFresno Pacific UniversitySchool of HRSS, Box 23011717 S. Chestnut AvenueFresno, CA 93702
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.