Department: Regional Recruitment
Reports to: Director of Regional Recruitment
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
The Graduate and Degree Completion Outreach and Admissions Representative is part of the team that serves as the hands, feet and face of Fresno Pacific University (FPU). FPU represent the values and mission of Fresno Pacific University in the communities we serve.
As a member of our vibrant recruitment team, the Graduate and Degree Completion Outreach and Admissions Representative exemplifies these ideals by undertaking active roles of service and assisting in the creation of high-value relationships with local businesses and relevant non-profit organizations. We are looking for individuals with a strong sense of collaboration, a desire to be part of an inspired and productive team, and a passion for spreading adult and graduate education throughout our local communities.
Under the direction of the Director of Regional Recruiting, Graduate and Degree Completion Outreach and Admissions Representative is responsible for participating in recruiting, admissions and outreach activities for FPU. This requires ongoing and regular contact with applicants, faculty, program directors, and a team of student workers. The focus of this position is to grow enrollment, build relationships, serve students and promote the mission and vision of FPU’s Graduate and Degree Completion programs.
- Work with FPU staff, faculty and administration on both community and regional activities and events
- Join & participate in local networking, volunteer, and service organizations as a representative of FPBS
- Conduct individual & group student meetings to inform and educate on FPU and the admissions process both on and off campus
- Cultivate relationships with applicants, current students & alumni
- Plan, organize & host group information sessions and celebratory events (graduation, etc.)
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the mission, vision and values of FPU
- Track student information and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Meticulously record all pertinent lead information within Salesforce to support marketing efforts and aid in data collection and analysis
- Participate and contribute in the creation and revision of the yearly recruitment plan to respond to market conditions and program needs
- Under the direction of the Director of Regional Recruitment, Salesforce reports will drive/inform outreach efforts, recruitment campaigns and goal setting for the center
- Responsible for tracking inquiries/applicants and communicating reports to the Director of Regional Recruitment on a regular basis
- Maintain regular communication to encourage, inform and follow up with applicants through the admissions process
- Participate in recruitment of new students from inquiry to enrollment
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with Program Directors and Faculty to connect and serve applicants and students
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Unfaltering commitment to the “The Fresno Pacific University Idea” and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students, and guests.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- Experience in working with adults in an educational or similar setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups in all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the university.
- Data processing experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Datatel, Sales Force and Outlook
- Willingness to travel regionally and work events when needed (Nights and weekends may be required)
- Ability to think analytically and problem-solve to enhance student enrollment, retention and success
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales or Marketing experience
- Completion or enrollment in a Master’s level degree program
- 5 or more years’ experience in a university setting
- Familiar with basic recruitment, marketing, enrollment and advising/financial aid procedures
- Prior public relations and/or marketing experience helpful
- Knowledge of FERPA requirements
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written data on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.