Department: Hiebert Library
Reports to: Director of Hiebert Library
Time commitment: Full Time (11-month contract, payable over 12 months)
Start date: Fall 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is discerned.
Fresno Pacific University seeks a full-time Instructional Librarian to develop, coordinate, and deliver face-to-face and online instructional programs in the Hiebert Library (11-month contract, payable over 12 months).
Successful candidates with a master’s in library/information science and a second master’s degree in a discipline taught by Fresno Pacific University will be hired as faculty (unranked, non-tenure). Successful candidates with only a single MLIS degree will be hired as staff (M.A. candidates will be considered).
- Coordinate the library’s instruction program.
- Design and teach in-person library and information literacy instruction.
- Create web content designed to promote and facilitate information literacy.
- Work with faculty to improve information literacy instruction across the university curriculum.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of library instruction efforts.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program. Second master’s degree in discipline offered by Fresno Pacific University (required for faculty status position; M.A. candidates will be considered).
- Ability to independently plan, deliver, and assess library instruction programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge of online library instruction platforms (such as LibGuides).
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Second master’s degree in discipline offered by Fresno Pacific University (required for faculty status position; M.A. candidates will be considered).
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:Kevin Enns-Rempel
Director of Hiebert Library
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2300
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.