Fresno Pacific University seeks a full-time Instructional Librarian to develop, coordinate, and deliver face-to-face and online instructional programs in the Hiebert Library (11-month contract, payable over 12 months). Successful candidates will be hired as faculty (unranked, non-tenure).
Starting Date: July 1, 2022
- Coordinate the library’s instruction program.
- Design and teach in-person library and information literacy instruction.
- Create web content designed to promote and facilitate information literacy.
- Work with faculty to improve information literacy instruction across the university curriculum.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of library instruction efforts.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Ability to independently plan, deliver, and assess library instruction programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge of online library instruction platforms (such as LibGuides).
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA).
A faculty application is available at http://www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers - the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:Kevin Enns-Rempel
Director of Hiebert Library
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2301
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.