Department: Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary
Reports to: MLC Program Coordinator
Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week
The position of the MLC Online Class Assistant requires excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. This individual will learn and operate the online program used for the MLC synchronous class sessions, work with professors to set up the “online classroom” to their preferences, make class materials available to students, and communicate with the MLC Program Coordinator if any issues or questions arise regarding class sessions. The MLC Online Class Assistant will operate independently as one of the online class facilitators and will initiate contact with professors to discuss how the professor wants the class sessions to be facilitated. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, is highly reliable, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
This position is temporary and will be reviewed for renewal May 2019.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University in general and of the Biblical Seminary in particular.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
- Reliably facilitate online synchronous class sessions every Monday that class is held. Will communicate with the MLC Program Coordinator well in advance if they have any scheduling conflicts that arise.
- Work independently to communicate with professors about the professor’s needs.
- Ensure timely response to requests for action and information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University.
- Ability to learn the computer program used for online synchronous class sessions, operate it effectively and explain it as necessary to professors and students.
- Highly reliable.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Online workspace.
- Ability to use hands as necessary to operate computer.
- Ability to read text on a computer screen.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
Pay is $11/hour.
Download and complete an application form. Candidates must complete and submit an application in order to be considered for the position.
Send completed applications to:
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.