Consideration and review of applications will begin immediately and continue with a targeted employment starting in January 2017.
An Adjunct is a current or retired Business or academic professional who is interested in sharing their business skills and knowledge with the next generation of business leaders. If you possess the qualifications listed below and an enthusiasm to share your experience and knowledge with students, we have an immediate opportunity for your consideration. Adjunct Faculty will work with the Program Director for the Undergraduate and Graduate online business programs advancing teaching outcomes and values of Fresno Pacific University as expressed in the FPU Idea. The following disciplines have immediate openings accounting, economic, finance, statistics, leadership, management, organizational strategy, organizational behavior, change, and international business. This position is Online only.
- This is a part-time teaching assignment that may include graduate or undergraduate online programs based on the candidate’s education and previous teaching and work experience.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Directors and Center for Online Learning regarding program needs and Moodle course enhancements.
- Remain current with new trends and developments in his/her field of expertise.
- Support program development, direction, review, and coordination of syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved.
- Master degree in business with professional experience within the industry.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and administration in a business environment.
- College level online teaching experience demonstrated by course evaluations.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Strong relational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching, learning, and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree.
- Successful business experience in an industry, not-for-profit, military, or government environment.
- Successful online teaching experience in a Christian Higher Education setting.
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the areas where the regional campuses are located.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,700 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 35 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
John J. Kilroy, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Innovation
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, MS Box2009
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email Dee.Robb@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.