Department: School of Education, Visalia
Reports to: Dean of the School of Education
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Education, the program assistant will provide support to Program Directors, faculty and students of multiple programs at the Visalia Campus. He/she will also work as part of a team that will facilitate a positive experience for students in the School of Education.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Exhibit unfaltering commitment to “The Fresno Pacific University Idea” and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students, and guests.
- Working with Program Directors and Faculty
- Greet and assist walk in and telephone traffic and direct to appropriate Director or office.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the programs you are supporting.
- Meet with program directors on a regular basis to assess needs and set priorities for assigned tasks.
- Assist program directors and instructors with room and/ or schedule changes and submitting them to the Assistant to the Dean for Contracts and Course Scheduling when necessary.
- Look up and maintain records.
- Assist program directors with creation, organization, and filing of program materials.
- Assist in planning and implementation of Program events including room reservations, set-up, ordering food, supplies, materials, and serving as host the day of the event ensuring adequate coverage during business hours.
- Prepare, distribute, and collect informal evaluations when it applies to the program.
- Prepare and submit reimbursement requests and honorariums.
- Order business cards and/or name tags for faculty as needed.
- Assist program director(s) with other duties as needed.
- Working with the Dean’s Office
- Submit course schedule requests and course changes to the Assistant to the Dean for Contracts and Course Scheduling
- Submit supervision contract requests to the Assistant to the Dean for Contracts and Course Scheduling
- Working with Student Assistants
- Supervise student assistants and oversee their responsibilities
- Approve time, perform annual evaluations, and train student assistants on their responsibilities
- Mentor student assistants to help them develop professionally and personally
- Working with campus offices and Regional Campus
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the other campuses and their staff
- Communicate with campus personnel as necessary to ensure that service to our clients is the best it can be
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to assist in various tasks as they arise
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing
- Ability to manage confidential tasks in a professional manner
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to the Christian mission of the university
- Minimum three year’s experience in general office work
- Experience with Colleague software
- Experience in an educational setting
- Indoor work environment.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, list, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Download and complete an application form. Candidates must complete and submit an application in order to be considered for the position.
Send completed applications to:
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.