Title: Program Director for Masters in Leadership Studies
Position: Full-time, with faculty rank; continuing status track; 11 month faculty appointment in the School of Business.
Starting Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is identified, with a targeted employment period of January or May 2016.
Professor/Program Director reports to the Dean of the School of Business for leadership and management of high quality masters level business programs that achieve approved academic, financial, and community building outcomes and advance teaching outcomes and values of Fresno Pacific University as expressed in the FPU Idea. Travel to the FPU main and Regional Campuses (Bakersfield, Visalia, North Fresno, or Merced) may be required. Teaching assignment within a graduate business program, and teaching assignments may include undergraduate, degree completion, and online business programs based on the candidates’ education and previous experience.
- Teach in the Masters in Leadership Studies and other School of Business programs.
- Communicate regularly with program faculty and adjuncts regarding program needs and direction.
- Remain current with new trends and developments in her/his field of expertise.
- Oversee program development, direction, review, and coordinate syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved.
- Conduct program reviews and annual student learning outcomes assessment process recommendations for program modifications with program faculty.
- Assist in recruiting candidates, answer inquiries, conduct interviews with potential students, review application files, and make recommendation regarding admittance.
- Coordinate advising/mentoring of students in the major/program.
- Communicate regularly with School of Business staff regarding course schedules and faculty assignments.
- Respond to student, faculty and staff requests, needs, complaints and/or grievances as needed in a timely manner.
- Organize/supervise co-curricular activities of the major/program.
- Initiate relationships/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions.
- Investigate and apply for grants that will expand the program reach and enhance its effectiveness.
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda.
- Earned terminal degree related to business education, (candidates with a master’s degree, or those nearing terminal degree completion, may be considered); all faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated professional success in organizational leadership, management, or administration.
- 5+ years of college level teaching experience demonstrated by course evaluations.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Strong relational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching, learning, and involvement in a local church.
- Successful business/leadership experience in an industry, non-profit, military, or government environment.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration in a Christian higher education setting.
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the areas where the regional campuses are located.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,700 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 35 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
A faculty application is available here.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Dr. John Kilroy, Dean
School of Business, Box 2303
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.