Department: IT Services
Reports to: Manager of Information Systems
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
The Programmer Analyst will be responsible for configuring the communication within the university’s internal information systems and managing bidirectional data flow with external systems. In addition, this position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including developing in, testing on, debugging for, and administering systems to support the university’s data infrastructure. This position requires a working knowledge of relational databases and reporting systems including Salesforce, Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, Windows Server, and SQL databases.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and guests.
- Enhance and maintain the University’s current data integrations both internal and external.
- Research, design and communicate integration solutions to address business projects, translating user requirements to solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new projects and initiatives to support and enhance the student information system.
- Provide information technology services technical support with integration and programming as needed.
- Assist users in creating or modifying functional reports.
- Establish, manage and communicate deliverables and timelines.
- Research, analyze, design and provide oversight in implementing IT solutions addressing complex areas for specific business and technical domains.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Develop, test, and deliver new and expanded interfaces utilizing sound project management procedures.
- Manage issues with partner integrations and coordinate corrections with partners and internal staff.
- Coordinate work across multiple departments including admissions, advancement, athletics, financial aid, registrar, student life, and student financial services.
- Other responsibilities as defined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years' experience in IT solution delivery, architecture, and documentation.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Ability to see systems interactions from a user perspective.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong training skills.
- Proficient in data manipulation (using tools like Microsoft Excel).
- Detail oriented and able to develop new ideas with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high priority customer service, on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Strong data warehouse knowledge.
- Strong MIS experience, particularly database management systems.
- Understanding system integration scenarios and design.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague and Salesforce development.
- Experience with Informatica Cloud.
- Higher education experience.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications including Ellucian Colleague ERP, Salesforce Cloud, Kore Kourier, and Entrinsik Informer
- SQL Coding experience.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least ninety percent (90%) of the time.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Proficient at multitasking.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 50% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Travel alone between campuses.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Download and complete an application form. Candidates must complete and submit an application in order to be considered for the position.
Send completed applications to:
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.