Department: Regional Enrollment Office
Reports to: Director of Degree Completion and Graduate Admissions
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
Do you enjoy looking at data, exceeding expectations on projects and being part of a high performing team? Do you like to do computer work and having a part in assisting students with their educational journey? If so, you may be the person we are looking for! Under the supervision of the Director of Degree Completion and Graduate Admissions, the Admissions Specialist will assist the processing team in admitting files for the Online, Graduate and Degree Completion programs. The Regional Enrollment Admissions Specialist will assist with processing of applications and admitting student files, as well as collaborating with other departments and Regional Campuses to expedite the admissions process. In addition, the Admissions Specialist will have a working knowledge of Salesforce and Colleague and assist with making sure all student workers are up to date on admissions processes.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and guests.
- Be knowledgeable with Colleague, Salesforce dashboards and data reports
- Help with updating student profiles in Colleague and Salesforce
- Collaborate with Admissions Manager to expedite files for admission
- Have open communication with Program Directors
- Assist at occasional regional recruitment events
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions during normal office hours.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple proprieties and complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Demonstrated experience with low income, Hispanic or first generation college students.
- Ability to effectively present the positive attributes of Fresno Pacific University, as well as the exciting and expanding fields of math and science.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least ninety percent (90%) of the time.
- Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Proficient at multitasking.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation: stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Travel alone between campuses.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Download and complete an application form. Candidates must complete and submit an application in order to be considered for the position.
Send completed applications to:
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.