Department: Student Financial Services
Reports to: Associate Director of Student Financial Services
Time commitment: 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Financial Services, the Student Financial Services Analyst directly supports the Student Financial Services Advisors in carrying out regular tasks associated with the management of student accounts. The Student Financial Services Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of FPU’s internal debt management process, maintaining an ongoing spreadsheet for all balances, they will work closely with and assists the SFS Advisor in the process of setting up payment plans online, reviewing and releasing all credit checks, reviewing accounts and placing or releasing holds as necessary, and ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Strong communication and time management skills, professionalism, adherence to student privacy, and the ability to work cohesively within a team in a fast-paced environment are crucial.
Student Financial Services provides student-centered assistance by working under Federal, State, and University guidance to enable students to enroll, manage their finances, achieve their academic goals, and graduate in a timely manner.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, or responsibility requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related instructions and requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
- Assist the SFS Advisor with tasks related to student accounts
- Place or release holds on accounts
- Enroll students in and maintain their payment plans
- Process and release credit balance checks for those eligible
- Oversee ordering of office supplies
- Track all balances on accounts
- Manage FPU internal debt management process including, but not limited to written and verbal communication, working with outside collection agencies, monitoring past due accounts
- Maintain regular communication with SFS Advisor as it pertains to student accounts
- Participate and contribute in staff meetings
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive student information, always working within the right to privacy guidelines, and in observance of the Family Education and Rights Act (FERPA).
- Collaborate with other departments and staff on campus or at our Regional Centers as needed, with a high level of professionalism
- Troubleshoot account issues as they arise, provide follow up to the SFS Advisor
- Work independently and within a team, make sound business decisions, use acute attention to detail, and manage multiple and competing demands in a fast-paced office environment
- Personal faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience in leadership with demonstrated capacity to think strategically
- Willingness to work a non-traditional, flexible schedule as needed
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new technology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Technical experience using database systems such as DATATEL, PeopleSoft or similar administrative systems
- Prior personal experience working in an office setting
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience in financial aid
- Experience with Colleague/Datatel
- Educational or work experience in Christian college or university
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with accounts receivable
- Must have organizational and general office skills, including faxing, telephone etiquette, filing, and records maintenance.
- Must have competent computer skills for data entry tasks, generation of reports, and business correspondence.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively assist, guide, and counsel students on the financial aid process and program requirements.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to effectively deal with students, parents, faculty, staff, and other outside agencies and organizations.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least eighty percent (80%) of the time.
- Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Drive personal vehicle to Centers, typically no longer than two hours from the office.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
Pay is based on upon qualifications and experience.
Send Completed Applications And Resume To
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.