Department: Undergraduate Admission
Reports to: Director of Undergraduate Admission; Admission Office Manager
Status: Non Exempt/TEMPORARY
Time commitment: 40 hours per week; 6 months
Start date: Immediate
The Admission Operations Assistant – Data/Customer Service Specialist is responsible for the admission front desk and reception area which includes greeting and assisting visitors, answering the phones, and responding to inquiries via the admission email account and instant messenger in a professional and courteous manner. This position will also manage the large data entry process, assist with the coordination of undergraduate admission application documents, prepare items for mailings, and other related assigned functions that ensure the Fresno Pacific University undergraduate admission recruitment and communication plan is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Be in agreement with the University’s Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students, and guests.
- Provides high quality customer service to our prospective and current students, parents, and other constituent groups across various communication channels (email, mail, phone, social media, and in person).
- Coordinates data entry of student names from both online and mail sources.
- Assists with data processing (both exporting and importing) from external constituents.
- Maintains the front desk and reception areas including but not limited to answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, and responding to inquiries via the admission email account and instant messenger.
- Position may supervise student workers as needed.
- Assists in the processing of admission payments, documents, and required enrollment forms.
- Prepares and schedules mailings to prospective students as directed.
- Assists with editing communication documents.
- Prepares files, schedules meetings, and may serve as the recording secretary for various meetings.
- Provides credit card management for the admission team.
- Provides assistance and in some cases supervision of the execution of the Fresno Pacific University undergraduate admission communications plan (which includes mail, email, and phone calls).
- May coordinate or assist with recruitment, registration, and communication functions with specialized groups of prospective students as assigned by the Director of Admission.
- Maintains records of procedures and job functions.
- Assists the Director of Admission with various projects and budget management.
- Various other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission and the Admission Office Manager.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the University
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to present and interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions.
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple proprieties and complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively present the positive attributes of Fresno Pacific University.
- Clerical experience working with data processing.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, see, hear, and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 80% of this position’s duties require use of a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Pay is based upon qualifications and experience.
Send Completed Applications To
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.