Graduate Programs Admission
Fresno Pacific University welcomes all international students who meet academic and financial requirements for admission. International students eligibility must be determined through the International Programs and Services Office (IPSO), and then your information will be forwarded to the Graduate Admissions Office.
What graduate programs are offered?
With more than 20 master's degrees offered, Fresno Pacific University has much to offer. View a full list of graduate programs.
Once you have indicated your program of interest, the individual graduate program director will respond to your inquiries. Students are encouraged to contact the program directors regarding curriculum and academic questions.
When are the application deadlines?
- The application deadline for the fall semester is mid-July.
- The application deadline for the spring semester is November 1.
International students are encouraged to submit all application materials, transcripts and recommendation letters as early as possible. Only after all necessary application forms and records have been received by the International Programs and Services Office (IPSO) will acceptance be determined. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will be considered for acceptance.
When the letter of acceptance is issued by the Graduate Admissions Office, the International Programs and Services Office will review the financial certification and issue the documents needed to apply for an F-1 (student) visa.
Please be aware that unless you have made prior arrangements with us, you will need to pay a $200 SEVIS fee to the US government before you are able to schedule an interview for your visa at the US consulate.
Keep in mind that obtaining a visa may take as long as two months depending on your home country, so please allow enough time for it!
What are the admission requirements?
- Application for admission to graduate classified standing
- Non-refundable application fee of $90.00 U.S. funds (check or money order) made payable to Fresno Pacific University
- Official transcripts verifying graduation from a regionally-accredited baccalaureate institution or its international equivalent (All foreign transcripts or diplomas must be accompanied by a certified English translation and evaluation.)
- Portfolio containing a personal statement: Please reflect on your personal/professional development and write a statement (in English) that is 2-3 typed pages in length. It should be prepared in a thoughtful manner and address the following questions:
- What factors influenced you to choose your present career?
- How do your personal values influence your work?
- Why are you engaging in graduate work?
- Why have you chosen to study at FPU?
- Official TOEFL Score Report (requirements listed below)
- Three references (It is the student's responsibility to submit forms to their referees. Forms are enclosed in the application packet.)
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies)
- Letter of Sponsorship (if the person paying for your education is from your country or if it is yourself)
Affidavit of Support (if the person paying for your education is from the United States)
Applications and all other admission documents should be submitted to:
Graduate Admissions Office
1717 South Chestnut Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
Exceptions to stated admissions requirements may be made only upon the recommendation of the Admissions Committee with final approval by the director of graduate admissions.
What are the TOEFL requirements?
Students whose native language is not English are required to submit a TOEFL score. In order to enroll in graduate courses, a student must have the following TOEFL scores:
- Paper-based Exam (ITP): 550
- Computer-based Exam (CBT): 213
- Internet-based Exam: 79-80
Those whose first language is English and who hold a bachelor's or higher degree from an officially recognized college or university in a country where the primary language is English are exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
For more information, see our TOEFL page.