Pamela Johnston, Ph.D.
Share why you teach at FPU
I believe in the aims of the traditional small liberal arts college and find that the Fresno Pacific Idea successfully frames this in a Christian context. The ability to interact with students in small classes is one of the best things about my job!
- Roman political and military institutions
- The Roman family
Professional and Service Experience
At California State University, Fresno, I served as graduate program coordinator and on the Smittcamp Family Honors Council. I was a McNair Mentor. Here at FPU I am on the Online Education Committee, serve as a collegium mentor and teach in the Honors College.
Honors and Awards
- Provost Faculty Scholarship recipient
- Whiting Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2001-2002
American Philological Society
Publications and Presentations
- "Advice-Giving in Plautus" presented at the Association for Core Texts and Courses conference in New Brunswick, New Jersey, April 2010
- "Family Advisory Councils in the Roman Republic," presentation at the Oikos- Familia: the Family in the Ancient Greco-Roman World conference November 2009 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- The Military Consilium in Republican Rome, published by Gorgias Press, June 2008