Biblical and Religious Studies
FPU is committed to a biblical record as a primary source of direction for both personal and corporate Christian life. Students enrolled in the biblical and religious studies major are exposed to a wide range of courses in the Bible, theology and church history.
The biblical and religious studies major is designed for students who plan to pursue seminary training or graduate studies in biblical or theological studies.
Building directly upon foundations established in the "Stories of Peoples and Cultures" sequence of general education courses, this major offers three traditional emphases:
- Biblical Literature Emphasis
- Biblical Studies Emphasis
- Religious Studies Emphasis
- Theology & Ethics Emphasis
Each is designed to broaden the student's perspective, an intention consistent with the character of the university as a liberal arts institution.
Students must select from one of the emphases listed.
Required Courses (37-43 Units)
- BIB-428 Biblical Theology (3)
- BIB-483 Projects in Biblical and Religious Studies (1-3)
- REL-460 Religions of the World (4)
- THEO-170 Introduction to Theology and Ethics (4)