Build on your previous experience and responsibilities in the workplace with this bachelor of arts in organizational leadership. Leadership is key to this major which focuses on participation, presentation, practice and performance. You will survey human resource functions—gaining a deeper understanding of legal and ethical consierations invovled in employment—and develop sensitivity and appreciation for diversity within the workplace. Our experienced faculty provide the tools for you to help organizations navigate strategic decision-making, and the shifting environments, resources and paradigms of the business world. These changes and their effects on organizations and people are at the heart of this program.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohorts of 12-22 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Innovative course material with practical application for your workplace
- 18 month program
This major prepares graduates to guide enterprises of many kinds through the constantly changing business environment. Beneficial in any career, it is ideal if you seek placement or advancement in executive management, nonprofit and community leadership, public administration, human resources, consulting and other leadership positions that involve working directly with employees, including those in health care.
- Completed application form and $40 fee (fee waived if you attend an information meeting)
- All application pieces, official transcripts, recommendation form and admissions essay
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- 60 transferable baccalaureate level units
- Four years of post-secondary experience
View a list of courses and descriptions.
New cohorts are formed each spring (February) and fall (August).
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
For additional information or for program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Offices:
|Fresno Main Campus||Bakersfield Center||North Fresno Center||Visalia Center||Merced Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.
Degree completion information meetings
are held on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
John Kilroy, Ph.D. - School of Business Program Spotlight
Council of Senior Professionals presents Peng Wen: "China: An Economic Force for Good in the World?"03/11/2014 2:30pm