Christian Ministry and Leadership
The bachelor of arts in Christian ministry and leadership is for adults involved in or preparing for ministry as a vocation. Students are challenged to think biblically about Jesus and His Kingdom, develop spirituality in themselves and others, enhance their ministry skills and engage with the world. The curriculum mixes practical and theoretical knowledge through classroom work, research and an integrated internship with a community church or para-church agency.
- 18 month program
- Students may enter the program during the spring or fall
- Experienced and highly rated university faculty
- Stimulating academic environment
- Cohort groups of 7-20 students provide maximum interaction and support
- Cohorts meet face-to-face for class one night per week in ths efficient, accelerated program
- Students from a variety of workplaces and cultural backgrounds
- Internships provide hands-on experience
- Mentoring to help students identify their calling
This degree is applicable in any career field but it is especially designed for church and para-church ministries emphasizing leadership, preaching, teaching and general ministry skills, as well as for students interested in graduate school and seminary training.
- Completed application form and $40 fee (fee waived if you attend an information meeting)
- All application pieces, official transcripts, recommendation form and admissions essay
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- 60 transferable baccalaureate level units
- Four years post-secondary experience
View a list of courses and descriptions.
New cohorts are formed each spring (February) and fall (August).
It is important for those considering ministry that their character and conduct reflect the principals consistent with the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as noted in Scripture and the lifestyle requirements of the university. Therefore the university reserves the right to refuse acceptance or continuance in the major of those students who do not meet those requirements.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
For additional information or for program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Offices:
|Fresno Main Campus||North Fresno Center||Visalia Center||Bakersfield Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.