I've Been Accepted to the Graduate Program
After weeks spent checking the mail box, it finally came—your acceptance letter. You got in! Congratulations!
We look forward to having you here. Before you begin classes there are just a few more things to do. All of the items below can be taken care of online, by calling the International Admissions Office at 559-453-2069, Skype (International_PS_Office), or emailing email@example.com.
- Choose express mail service for your I-20.
- Once your receive a copy of your SEVIS I-20 via email, you can pay the $200 SEVIS fee at www.fmjfee.com. Be sure to print a receipt and take it with you to your visa interview. If you would like to pay via Western Union, please click here for detailed payment instructions.
- Apply for a student visa (F1) by completing the online DS-160 Visa Application. Be sure to have a photo taken before you start.
- After completing the DS-160, print and keep the DS-160 confirmation barcode page. (You do not need to print the full application.)
- You must schedule a visa interview appointment. (The U.S. Embassy or Consulate does not schedule an appointment for you.) Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website.
- Prepare for your visa interview and gather the required documentation. View the requirements.
- When you are issued a student visa, purchase your flight ticket! Please arrive at least a day before your program starts. View program start dates.
- Email the International Office your flight itinerary (flight schedule).
- Complete the arrival form and let us know if you need a ride from the airport. It's a free service!
- Watch the U.S. Healthcare System Overview. This video teaches you how to prepare for your arrival in the U.S., how the U.S. healthcare system works, and how you should seek medical care appropriately if you become sick or injured.
The deadline to arrive in the United States (U.S.) for Fall semester is August 16th. New students are required to attend the International Orientation on August 17th, 2015. TOEFL will be administered at 8:30 a.m. and Orientation will follow at 11:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided. Please come to the International Office and bring your Form I-20 and passport. Classes for the Fall semester will begin on Monday, August 25, 2015.
The deadline to arrive in the United States (U.S.) for Spring semester is January 6, 2016. New students are required to attend the International Orientation on January 7, 2016. TOEFL will be administered at 8:30 a.m and Orientation will follow at 11:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided. Please come to the International Office and bring your Form I-20 and passport. Classes for the Spring semester will begin on Monday, January 11, 2016.
Our International Admissions Team looks forward to meeting you in person!