- Technology in the classroom
- Online education
- Supporting beginning teacher development
Professional and Service Experience
Before working at Fresno Pacific, I taught at both a traditional high school and a fully online charter high school. During my years of teaching high school I have had the pleasure to teach geography, world history, American government, economics and health. While in the classroom I enjoyed being an AVID core teacher, BSTA support provider, and a master teacher to four student teachers.
Honors and Awards
- Teacher of the Year, Central High West
- Nominee, Central Unified Teacher of the Year, 2004 & 2006
- Teacher of the Month, Central High School, December 2004
- Elias H. Wiebe Outstanding Teacher Award
- Governor's Teaching Fellowship Award
- Social Sciences Highest Honors, Fresno Pacific University
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Central Valley BTSA (Beginning Teacher Support & Assessment) Advisory, Region 3
One of my major transitions in my career was in 2006 when we had our first daughter. I decided to stay home and accepted a position teaching online with a public charter high school. I worked with high school students in a fully online high school of over 2,000 students. Soon after teaching online, I started working in FPU's teacher education and in the curriculum and teaching master's program with blended and fully online cohorts. I have been able to work from home for a good portion of the last 6 years and it has been a huge blessing allowing me to spend more time with our three young daughters.
In the little spare time we do have, my husband and I enjoy a spinning class at our local gym and lifting weights, a passion from our throwing days at FPU! We are active in our local church body and enjoy a leadership role in our Sunday school class.