The bachelor of arts degree in business management is designed to provide expansive knowledge of the business environment from a systems perspective. Classes such as economics and accounting provide the foundation for advanced classes in finance, management, organizational behavior, small groups and teams, marketing, research and analysis, computer applications, and business strategy. A major project is assigned to help students focus on practical information that benefits the organization and the community. Together, all of the courses provide a practical guide to business operations in a variety of settings from entrepreneurial to well-established organizations. Threaded throughout the major is an ethical perspective.
- 18 month program
- Experienced and highly rated university faculty
- Stimulating academic environment
- Cohort groups of 12-22 students to provide maximum interaction and support
- Cohorts meet face-to-face for class one night per week in this efficient, accelerated program
- Students from a variety of workplaces, ages and cultural backgrounds
The major is designed to provide a solid background for graduates to use in seeking responsible employment or promotion. Among the many positions open to those with a degree in business management are executive managers, sales/marketing managers, business analysts, human resources professionals, retail and service managers, and operations managers.
- Completed application form and $40 fee (fee waived if you attend an information meeting)
- All application pieces, official transcripts, recommendation form and admissions essay
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- 60 transferable baccalaureate level units
- Four years full-time, post-secondary experience
View a list of courses and descriptions.
New cohorts are formed each spring (February) and fall (August).
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
For additional information or for program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Offices:
|Fresno Main Campus||Bakersfield Center||North Fresno Center||Visalia Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.