Criminology & Restorative Justice Studies
Focus on the study of criminal justice practices rather than the implementation of law enforcement in this major which incorporates the values of a Christian worldview into a deeper knowledge about crime and society. You'll gain an understanding of restorative approaches to justice as well as the social and psychological theories on crime, criminals and society. A practicum is integrated throughout the major providing you with hands-on experience and an opportunity for reflective assessment.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohorts of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students from a variety of workplaces and cultural backgrounds
- Fresh perspective on law enforcement and criminal justice
- 18 month program
Criminal justice is a fast-growing field of study and employment. While many agencies currently do not require a bachelor's degree for employment, most require one for career advancement. This is a wonderful major if you are interested in law—preparing you for a wide range of career options, such as law enforcement, administration and social services.
- Completed application form and $40 fee (fee waived if you attend an information meeting)
- All application pieces, official transcripts, recommendation form and admissions essay
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- 60 transferable baccalaureate level units
- Four years post-secondary experience including two years work experience
View a list of courses and descriptions.
New cohorts are formed each spring (February) and fall (August).
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
To attend an information meeting or find out additional information or program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Offices:
|Fresno Main Campus||North Fresno Center||Visalia Center||Bakersfield Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.