Hiebert Library

The library was originally completed in 1962 and enlarged in 1973 and 1980. The building is named for Cornelius Hiebert (1894-1965), the owner of a furniture manufacturing company in Los Angeles and later Fresno. Hiebert provided funding for the building and supervised its construction. His company manufactured many of the original furnishings, some of which are still in use.

Research and text by Kevin Enns-Rempel, University Archivist, 2010