Marpeck Center

Known for several years after its completion in 1967 as the "Science Building," this classroom and faculty office building was renamed in 1973 for Pilgram Marpeck (ca. 1495-1556), one of the most significant leaders of the Anabaptist movement in Germany. Originally a civil engineer, Marpeck joined the Anabaptists in the late 1520s.

Research and text by Kevin Enns-Rempel, University Archivist, 2010