Seminary House

The oldest building on campus was completed in 1917 as a home for the family of Wylie M. Giffen. Giffen was a prominent agriculturist in the Central Valley during the early twentieth century, but lost the home in 1927 as the result of financial misfortunes. The home was owned by several other parties before the Mennonite Brethren Board of Education purchased it in 1955. In the fall of 1956 this building became the home of Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary. As other buildings were completed on the seminary campus, this structure became known as the "Administration Building." When the seminary became part of Fresno Pacific University in 2010, the name was changed to "Seminary House."

Research and text by Kevin Enns-Rempel, University Archivist, 2010