Stephen Varvis, Ph.D.
School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences
- Ph.D., History/European Studies, Claremont Graduate University
- B.A., History and English, California State University Fresno
- "The Scholarship of Teaching." Pacific Journal, 1(2006): 27-33. (Inaugural edition of Fresno Pacific University's faculty publication series.)
- "Are 'ethics' obsolete in business?" Bakersfield Californian, July 22, 2006.
- "How to make your business trustworthy." The Fresno Bee, July 15, 2006.
- "Ibn Battuta's Culture Shock." The Wider World of Core Texts and Courses. Ed. A. Brunello, <. Chiarello, and J.S. Lee. Dallas: Association for Core Texts and Courses, 2004: 31-38.
- "Whillingworth, William (1602-44)." Encyclopedia of Protestantism. Ed. H. J. Hillerband. 4 Vols. New York: Routledge, 2004: 1, 382-84.
- "Confucius in Dialog with the West and Today's Students." Uniting the Liberal Arts" Core and Context. Ed. B. Cowan and J.S. Lee. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 2002: 17-23.
- "A Review and a Question for Mennonite Brethren Theologians and Leaders." A review essay on Faith to Creed, ed. by S. Mark Heim. Direction, 21, no. 2 (1992): 81-6.
- The Consolation of Boethius: An Analytical in His Intellectual Processes and Goals. San Francisco: Mellen Research University Press, 1991. Distinguished Dissertation Series.
- "Humanism and the Scientific Revolution: Bacon's Rejection of Aristotle." Comitatus, 14(1983): 59-79.
Steve Varvis publishes a model of gracious leadership
Steve Varvis to trade provost position for faculty at Fresno Pacific University
Faculty and staff honored for service
Profs take a moment to think about learning