What kind of student are you?
4-Year Graduation Guarantee
We guarantee you’ll graduate within 4 years in the traditional undergraduate areas of study.
2-Year Transfer Guarantee for ADT Pathways
Complete your degree in 2 years with an Associate Degree for Transfer from the California Community College system.
98% of FPU Students Receive Financial Assistance
YES, a quality, private Christian liberal arts education is possible for you!
First Steps to Admission
- Submit an application for admission (online or printable mail-in)
Admission applications are free, no discount codes required.
- Send official copies of your transcripts to FPU.
- Complete the FAFSA. It can be completed starting October 1st. (FAFSA Code: 001253)
- 4 years of college preparatory English
- 3 years of college preparatory mathematics
- 2 years of social studies
- 1 year of laboratory science
- 1 year of visual/performing arts
- 3 years of the same foreign language with a C- or better
Fresno Pacific University’s accepted students have average GPAs of 3.2-3.6. Please speak with an admission counselor to discuss your eligibility.
All application materials should be submitted online or mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Ave. #2005
Fresno, CA 93702
Christian Ferman-Diaz, Liberal Arts
Coming to FPU, I’ve gotten a lot of support. All the admissions counselors, all the professors, helped me a lot... to be the successful person I’m projected to be.
For those students who have applied to FPU’s traditional undergraduate program within the past 2 years and did not attend. Students who applied more than 2 years ago will need to resubmit a full application for admission:
- Fill out the re-application form
- Submit any missing documents or updated transcripts
Former FPU students who have not been enrolled in and/or have not submitted a leave of absence form for the previous semester are required to re-apply for admission to FPU:
- Fill out the re-admission form
- Submit official transcripts from other educational institutions attended during absence from FPU
Students interested in taking classes, usually for personal or professional development, or to transfer to another institution, and is not interested in a degree from FPU. Non-degree students are not eligible for federal, state or institutional aid. Other requirements, class limits and pre-requisites may apply. See the academic catalog for more information:
- Fill out the Application for Admission indicating Non Matriculating/Non-Degree status non-matriculation application
- Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent
- Some classes may require a pre-requisite course. If required, a college transcript will need to be provided
- Personal essays are not required
Students wishing to audit a class at FPU may apply for audit status. Audit classes are not eligible for financial aid and students will not receive course credit.
- Fill out the Application for Admission indicating audit status
- Personal essays are not required
Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
Earning a degree in four years allows you to get a head start on achieving your goals of entering the workforce or starting graduate school. FPU guarantees graduation within four years in the traditional undergraduate areas of study. We commit to providing the courses, advising, instruction and preparation. If you fulfill your responsibilities and are unable to graduate in four years, you will receive the needed courses the following semester at no cost in tuition or fees.
This guarantee is limited to basic graduation requirements of 120 minimum units including general education, upper-level and elective courses sufficient for a single major with no minor.
- Where options between courses are available, students are not guaranteed their first choice.
- This guarantee does not apply to “fifth-year” programs (teacher education credential requirements) or minimum units beyond graduation requirements (CPA qualifications, etc.) beyond the basic four-year bachelor’s degree.
- The guarantee does not apply to transfer students or to FPU's degree completion programs.
- Students not able to register for the courses needed within four years must complete the free course(s) within two terms of the end of four years (e.g. a summer and fall for those completing four years in the spring; or spring and summer for those completing four years in the fall).
- The four-year period may be extended for students required to leave the university for up to one year (see the Leave of Absence section) for medical, military or personal reasons.
To qualify for the guarantee students must:
- Meet with your mentor during the fall semester of the freshman year.
- Finalize a major and begin prerequisite or lower-division major courses by the second semester of the freshman year and keep that major until graduation.
- Complete at least 32 units per year (average 16 per semester) with passing grades in each course.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and remain in good standing behaviorally with the university.
- Meet with the mentor each semester for advising before registration opens and take the courses approved by the adviser/mentor that complete general-education and major requirements, in the appropriate sequence and as they become available.
- Register within the first week of registration every semester to gain a spot in the classes needed.
- Notify mentor if unable to register for an approved course so that an alternative plan can be made.
- Apply for financial aid and submit required documents by appropriate deadlines.
- Keep student account up-to-date. (Accounts not up-to-date may be placed on hold, preventing registration for courses.)
- Complete required courses successfully (see Academic Policies section for minimum acceptable grades) without dropping required or approved courses during a semester.
Two-Year Transfer Guarantee
FPU guarantees a student with an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) from the California Community College system, can complete their degree in just two years. If a student meets the qualification requirements, fulfills the responsibilities under the program, and is unable to complete their major in a 2-year period, FPU will assume all additional tuition costs needed to complete their undergraduate degree at FPU.
- 60 transferable units [grades of C- or better] from the California Community College system with a completed ADT (Associate Degree for Transfer)
- Selected an ADT matched (similar) pathway from FPU’s undergraduate degree programs
- Have completed the necessary pre-requisites in the discipline specific to intended major
- Have at least a 2.4 transfer GPA
To qualify for the guarantee students must:
- Enroll in an average of 15- 18 units per semester; not including repeated courses.
- Remain in good academic standing by maintaining an institutional grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Enroll in the required number of consecutive semesters: 3-4 semesters depending on number of units transferred in
- Make up units for any failed or withdrawn courses during the guarantee period, which may require you to take more than 15-18 units per semester
- For TUG you may have to enroll in a summer semester.
- Fulfill all graduation requirements, including core curriculum, major requirements, and upper division course work requirements.
- Two Year Guarantee: complete enough upper division courses to have at least 40 upper division units by the end of the 4-semester time frame.
- Take all required courses during the semester recommended by your Academic Advisor.
- Register for all upcoming courses during the registration period.
- Any courses from a Community College with “D+” or lower are non-transferable and require additional courses and semesters to graduate.
- This guarantee may not apply to students starting in a spring or summer semester start (TUG only).
- This guarantee is limited to basic graduation requirements: 120 minimum units including general education, upper-level and elective courses sufficient for a single major.
Take the Next Step
The best way to discover what’s possible for you at FPU is to visit us! Schedule your visit to our main Fresno campus now. Already interested? Then start your application today!