Skip to main content

Degree Completion FAQ

What is the bachelor's degree completion program?

The degree completion program focuses on the working adult. The program is accelerated and classes are held in the evenings and online to accommodate your busy lifestyle.

Is Fresno Pacific University accredited?

FPU has been accredited by WSCUC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) since 1965.

I work full time and have a family. Will I have enough time to complete my degree?

FPU has specifically designed degree completion programs to fit the lifestyle of working adults. We know how important getting your degree is, but we also know how important your other commitments are. That's why our coursework is delivered in a format that will allow you to be a student and still fulfill your other commitments.

I have fewer than 60 transferable units toward the upcoming semester start for degree completion. Can I take classes with FPU until I have 60 or more units?

Yes, we offer general education and elective courses for the working adult.

What are the minimum requirements to start a degree completion program?

To take GE and elective courses: 6 transferrable units, 2.4 GPA and 2 years post high-school graduation. To begin major courses: 60 completed units, 2.4 GPA and 2 years post high-school graduation.

What are the start dates for the degree completion programs?

Spring-Jan, Summer-May, and Fall-Aug.

Do I need an associate degree (AA) before I can transfer or start my degree completion program?

No, you do not need an associate degree to enroll with FPU.

Is there a limit on transfer credits from a community college?

Yes, FPU will accept a maximum 70 eligible units toward the completion of your degree from a community college.

Is financial aid available?

All students who are eligible and demonstrate financial need can receive financial aid. Currently, 95 percent of undergraduate students at FPU receive financial aid through a variety of scholarships, grants and loans. Each student's financial aid award package is unique and is based on factors such as need and grade-point average (GPA). Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Visit FPU code: 001253.

When and where will I attend classes?

Courses can be completed at our local regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Merced Bakersfield,and Online. Degree completion programs meet as a cohort for the entire length of the program. 

What is my next step?

Call our Degree Completion Admissions Office at 559.453.3690 or apply online at