Biblical Seminary Admission
With and FPU Education
Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary is rooted in the evangelical, Anabaptist tradition, and like you, we are passionate about making a tangible difference in the Central Valley and around the world. You’ll learn this through spirited inquiry, thoughtful reflection and hands-on experience. If you want a place to explore and pursue your calling in a practical way – join us!
First Steps to Admission
- Review the admission requirements for your chosen program.
- Submit an application for admission online
* There is a $90 application fee.
- Request official transcripts from previously attended colleges, universities and high schools and send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you graduated from FPU, you do not need to request transcripts.
- Submit remaining admission requirements via fax, email or postal mail.
- Mail: Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary Admission, 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Box 14, Fresno, CA 93702
- Email: Seminary@fresno.edu
- Commitment to and desire for Christian ministry and Service
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (minimum 2.5 GPA; 3.0 for MFT program*)
- Application form and fee
- Personal profile questions
- Three references from a pastor or other ministry leader, a current or former employer, and a friend or family member using the Seminary Reference Form
- Please do not use a family member as the pastoral or employer reference
- Writing sample from your undergraduate education
- This can be any paper submitted for a letter grade regardless of subject
- Check your specific program's requirements
*Under special circumstances these requirements may be waived.
- FPU Undergraduate Alumni Admission
Undergraduate alumni (traditional and degree completion) pursuing a graduate program at Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary may have courses waived towards their seminary program. Students must complete the qualifying undergraduate course with a grade of B or higher to receive seminary course credit. Once students have been admitted to a seminary program, they must complete the Advanced Standing form in Sunbird Central to officially request advanced standing at the seminary.
- Admission with a GPA below 2.5 or below 3.0 for the MFT program
In some circumstances, we are willing to waive the GPA requirement if the student demonstrates high maturity and/or life experience that demonstrates they can perform well in the program. We take into account their ministry experience for BIB/MIN programs, their GRE score, volunteer counseling hours experience and psych pre-requisites for the MFT degree. We encourage people with a low GPA to still apply so we can look over their materials.
- Admission without a Bachelor's Degree
Students will be considered for admission to Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary into the M.Div., M.A.CM, M.A. CLT, or M.A. MLC degrees or one of our certificate programs without the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree if they have:
- 60 semester units or two years of post-secondary education minimum
- Significant ministry experience
- Evidence of life experience which has prepared them for graduate theological education
In compliance with the Association of Theological Schools such students may only pursue the degree or program to which they have applied.
- Additional Bible Knowledge Requirement
The Bible Knowledge Requirement (BKR) is a one-day, no credit class with an examination at the end of the day. The BKR is required to be met during the first month of your first term.
- Non-Matriculated Students
Students may enroll in up to 6 units of courses for credit/audit at Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary without being admitted into a degree or certificate program. This is considered a non-matriculated status.
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national and ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered programs.
View FPU's Unlawful Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy