While enrolled as a student in degree completion at Fresno Pacific University, you have full access to all FPU activities and services.
Available student services
- CLEP Testing
- Career Development Center
- Disabilities Services/Special Needs
- On-Site Counseling
- Health Services
- Financial Services
- IT Helpdesk
- Moodle Support from COL
- Sunbird Central
- Academic Advising
- The mission of the advising team at Fresno Pacific University is to provide guidance to students with the goal of obtaining a degree. We strive to ensure that students have the necessary information in their academic progress and registration, while supporting each student through their personal and spiritual journey. Our goal is to see each student through as they complete their educational goals. Advising is a collaborative educational process in which students and their advisors are partners in meeting the essential learning outcomes, ensuring student academic success, and outlining the steps for achievement of the students’ personal, academic, and career goals. This advisor/student partnership requires participation and involvement of both the advisor and the student as it is built over the student’s entire educational experience at the Fresno Pacific University. Both the student and the advisor have clear responsibilities for ensuring the advising partnership is successful (NACADA, 2004). Advisors have created a Moodle site for quick, online information for students.
- Regional Campus Tutors
One-on-one tutoring is available to students for writing assignments across all disciplines. Writing tutors are available on-site at each regional campus during select evening hours. Students may schedule appointments or drop in during the hours posted at the regional campus’ front desk. Sessions are 30-50 minutes long, and are available by appointment or drop-in service. Tutors will work with students as many times as needed, in all stages of the writing process, to help with development, organization and clarity. While tutors assist with writing processes, they do not provide guaranteed proofreading services.
Subject matter tutors (general education level mathematics, sciences and Spanish) are available on the main campus in the Academic Support Center from 9am to 4pm only, and online Math tutoring is also available.
- ETS Criterion: Online writing evaluation
Every DC student has a subscription to ETS Criterion, where they may obtain 24/7 support with essay construction, development and editing through an automated service. To learn more about ETS Criterion, contact your regional campus writing tutor.
- Veterans representative: David Black
- Fresno Pacific University is approved by the Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans (chapters 30, 31, 1606) and their dependents (chapter 35) under Student Life Staff 38, United States Code to be eligible for veteran benefits. Veterans and/or their dependents who plan to enroll in the university are encouraged to contact the veterans' certifying official staff member in the Registrar's Office to file the appropriate paperwork with the Department of Veterans' Affairs. For more information about veteran benefits, contact the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Regional Campus Resources
- Class Representatives
- Picture ID
- Student Lounge: Regional campus study spaces
- Laptop loaners
- Vending machines
- Student kitchenette
- Copy services
Other Available Services
- Educational Planning
- Once the official transcripts have been received, they will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office. A Degree Completion Academic Advisor will then advise the applicant of future educational requirements to complete a degree by way of phone, individual appointment or email until the student's degree is posted. This academic advising ensures that the student completes only coursework that will be transferable toward the degree.
- Program Advising
- A degree completion advisor will provide academic counseling to all students for the duration of their program. The advisor will continue to give academic advising by way of phone, individual appointment or email until the student's degree is posted. This academic counseling ensures that the student completes only coursework that will be transferable toward the degree.
- Financial Services
- Financial aid services for the DC applicant is provided in cooperation with the FPU Student Financial Services Office. The DC financial aid counselor will meet individually with applicants to review all financial aid options and assist them in filling out any required paperwork.
- Letter of Verification
- The student may use the letter of verification as a means of receiving employer reimbursement for program expenses. The information in the letter of verification gives the name of the student, the cost of the program per course completed, and verifies successful completion of the coursework. You can receive enrollment verifications through the Registrar's Office.