Julie Lane, Ed.D.
School of Education
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Administration, and Policy with Distinction, Pepperdine University
- M.A., Special Education with honors, Chapman University
- M.M., Music Performance, University of Redlands
- B.M., Music Performance, California State University, Fullerton
- Clear Administrative Credential
- Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subjects Credential
- Single Subject Matter - Music
Contribute to the literature by understanding special education programming, cultural reciprocity, and school climate as it applies to children with disabilities in international, private, and rural schools.
Current Grant Project
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2021)
- University Diversity Research Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2021)
- Fresno Pacific University Provost Grant, (2018)
- Louisville Institute Pastoral Research Grant (2017)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2014)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2012)
- Journal of Youth Research (2022 – present)
- Journal on Research in Christian Education (2018 - present)
- The Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability (2012 - present)
- Spencer Foundation Post-Doctorate Fellowship Semi-Finalist (2017)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2015)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Carol Gray Award (2006)
- America’s Most Influential Teacher (2006)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs (1996 - 2005)
- California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Recipient (1993)
- American Council on Rural Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Caucus: Faith Based Schools and Organizations
- International Association of Special Education
- National Indian Education Association
- Lane, J. M. , Ellard, A. , & Jones, D. (in progress). Cultural awareness and initial special education assessment: A Case Study.
- Lane, J. M. , Kinnison, Q. P. , & Ellard, A. (in progress). Creating Inclusive and Hospitable Christian Schools: Part 2.
- Lane, J. M. (in progress). International schools and special education: A review of the last twenty years.
- Lane, J. M. (in publication). Special education in Christian schools: A literature review of US Schools.
- Lane, J. M. , & Jones, D. R. (2022/Winter). Child find activities between public and private school personnel: Engagement, barriers, and experiences. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professions, 125-184.
- Lane, J. M. (2021). A sampling of international schools special education practices and reflections. Journal of International Special Education, 20(1), 32-66.
- Lane, J. M. , & Kinnison, Q. P. (2020). Research on inclusion and belonging in Christian schools. ACSI Research in Brief, 1(2), 5 8. file: ///C: /Users/17147/Downloads/ResearchInBriefSpring2020. pdf
- Lane, J. M. , Kinnison, Q. P. , & Ellard, A. (2019). Creating inclusive and hospitable Christian schools: Three case studies. Journal of Religion & Disability, 1-22. doi: https: //www. tandfonline. com /doi/full/10.1080/23312521.2019.1570832
- Lane, J. M. , & George, S. (2018). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth. Journal of American Indian Education, 57(3), 5-26.
- Lane, J. M. , & Keith, L. C. (2018). A pilot study: Addressing Native American cultural competency. International Journal of Education and Culture, 7(1-2), 13-34.
- Lane, J. M. (2017). Special education staffing and service models in Christian schools. Journal of Research in Christian Education, 26(3), 225-236.
- Lane, J. M. (2016). Special education transition: Perspective in minority groups. Conference Proceedings for the American Council on Rural Special Education, 74-82.
- Lane, J. M. , & Jones, D. R. (2016). Inclusion in international schools: A study of theoretical principles, ethical practices, and consequentialist theories in school administrators. Journal of Psychology Research, 5(6).
- Lane, J. M. (Spring 2022). Learning Challenges and Parent Grief. Position Presentations for Association of Christian Schools International, Three virtual conferences.
- Lane, J. M. (March 2021). Child find activities between public school personnel: Engagement, barriers, and experiences, Poster Presentation at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference, A virtual conference.
- Lane, J. M. (February 2020). A Sampling of International Schools Special Education Practices and Reflections, Poster Presentation at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference in Portland, OR.
- Lane, J. M. (October 2019). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth, Paper Presentation at the National Indian Education Association Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
- Lane, J. M. (October 2017). Changing the Culture: Special Education Programming. Professional Development at the Lutheran Education Association Houston, TX.
- Lane, J. M. (April 2017). Special Education Program Development: Creating a Culture of Belonging. Professional Development at the Lutheran Education Association Houston, TX.
- Lane, J. M. (September 2016). Decoding Special Education: What do all those letters and numbers mean? Platform Presentation at the Native American Conference on Special Education in Albuquerque, NM.
- Lane, J. M. (April 2016). Public and Private Schools: Child Find Obligations. Invitational - Policy Presentation. Council for Exceptional Children Convention, St. Louis, MO.
- Lane, J. M. (April 2016). Special Education and Christian Schools: The Why & How. Platform Presentation. TASH Regional Conference in Nashville, TN.
- Lane, J. M. (March 2016). Special Education Professionals and Cultural Competency. Paper Presentation at the Native American Conference on Special Education in Albuquerque, NM.
- Lane, J. M. (March 2016). Special Education Transition Perspectives in Minority Groups. Platform Presentation. American Council of Rural Special Education Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- Lane, J. M. (March 2015). Special Education Transition Perspectives in Minority Groups and Special Education and the Grief Process. Platform Presentation at the Native American Conference on Special Education Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Lane, J. M. (February 2015). Inclusion in International Schools: A Study of Theoretical Principles, Ethical Practices, and Consequentialist Theories in School Administrators. Paper Presentation at Academy of Education Studies in San Diego, CA.
- Lane, J. M. (October 2014). Special Education, Public Law, and Christian Schools. Presentation at Joni and Friends Disability Summit at Fresno Pacific University.
- Lane, J. M. (July 2014). Inclusion in International Schools: A Study of Theoretical Principles, Ethical Practices, and Consequentialist Theories in School Administrators. Paper presentation at the CEC Division of International Special Education & Services Conference in Baraga, Portugal.
- Fresno Pacific University: Rank and Tenure Committee (2021-present)
- Fresno Pacific University Ad-hoc Committee: Faculty Handbook Review & Revisions (2019-2020)
- Fresno Pacific University Ad-hoc Committee: Faculty At-a-Distance Policy (2018-2019)
- Montana Statewide Independent Living Council - Governor Appointment (2018-present)
- Committee Vice Chair (2019 present)
- Native American Task Force Subcommittee (2018-present)
- Youth & Employment Task Force Subcommittee (2018-present)
- Fresno Pacific University Individualized Master of Arts Program Committee Member (2018-present)
- Fresno Pacific University - Graduate Academic Cabinet Member (2015-present)
- Native American Parent Technical Assistant Center Advisory Board Member (2016-2018)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Caucus: Faith Based Schools and Organizations, Chair (2014 2017 & 2020 - present)
Julie Lane publishes article in the Journal of the International Association of Special Education
FPU faculty publish article on creating "hospitable" Christian schools
Lane and Keith publish article to educate disability service providers on Native American culture
Lane, Kinnison get grant for special ed study