The Intercultural Learning Center (ILC) opened in 2016 in Room 122 of the Steinert Campus Center (next to the Campus Life Office) on the main campus. Its purpose is to increase the cultural awareness of the collective FPU community by celebrating diversity and intentionally supporting our underrepresented student populations. The ILC will always seek to foster intercultural encounters, provide opportunities for intercultural education, and enhance the overall student experience. The center offers laptop computers, printers, flat panel screens, and other technology, as well as study space for individuals and groups. The wide range of activities for students and staff includes workshops, presentations, conferences, debates, social intercultural activities, and visits by experts in many fields. The friendly staff will welcome you with a smile.
Increase the cultural awareness of the collective FPU community by celebrating diversity and intentionally supporting our underrepresented student populations.
- Foster a space where people of different cultural backgrounds can meet and interact
- Host events open to the entire FPU community (students, staff, faculty, and administration)
- Provide intercultural competencies and intercultural learning opportunities
- Promote and embrace cultural diversity through programming and events
- Help students achieve academic success through our services and resources
- Coordinate support programs for underrepresented student populations
- Student Support/Leadership Programs
- Campus Events
- Inviting experts