The Paragon Scholarship is the highest academic scholarship at Fresno Pacific University. It is given each year to a select number of freshman traditional undergraduate candidates. It is a full-tuition, four-year award. The Paragon Scholarship program is designed to encourage, grow and mentor the top scholars on Fresno Pacific University’s campus.
Final candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievements, leadership, and community involvement.
Program Roles & Responsibilities
- Engage FPU’s campus as a departmental liaison with the intention to bring both students and faculty closer.
- Project coordinator: over the course of four years, Paragon Scholars may engage in a project that involves a department or academic program (or a substitute group approved by the President).
- Leadership: become a campus leader through official means (Student Government), or in an unofficial capacity. Paragon Scholars will also lead devotionals at the annual President’s Scholars retreat which occurs every fall.
- Scholars will seek out a mentor with whom they can connect with in regards to their education, career aspirations or aspects of faith.
- Peer book selection and discussion over the course of the academic year.
- Community Service: once a semester, Paragon Scholars will participate in an activity that benefits either FPU or the Fresno community.
Please compile all required Paragon Scholarship application documents and upload as one PDF named “Paragon.Firstname.Lastname” Submit compiled documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Paragon Application”. Completed applications may be mailed to the Office of Admission, Box 2005, 1717 S Chestnut Ave., Fresno, CA 93702.
- Personal Resume
- Outline your academic and extracurricular accomplishments. Any community service involvement, volunteer activities, or work experience should be included.
- Need help creating a resume? The FPU Career Development Office has pulled together some resources for you. Click here to access.
- Letter of Consideration
- Explain why you would like to attend Fresno Pacific University.
- Explain what qualities and experiences you possess that qualify you to be a strong candidate of the award. In this statement, please highlight your leadership abilities and experiences in the areas of academics, community service, and spiritual life.
- Share what you hope to accomplish during your undergraduate career at Fresno Pacific University.
- Addressed to the Paragon Scholarship Committee.
- 2-3 pages in length.
- Letter of Recommendation
- This letter should be from someone who has not provided a recommendation during the regular admission process. The person should be someone who can address your character and leadership abilities.
Students must be accepted to FPU, have a completed FAFSA on file with the university, and have been awarded a President's Scholarship before the application deadline.
- Paragon applications are due on or before January 4.
- Candidates will be notified by January 22 if they are selected to participate in the interview process.