- Ph.D., History, University of California, Irvine, 1977
- M.A., History, California State University, Fullerton, 1972
- B.A., History, Biola College, 1971
- Additional study - Talbot School of Theology
- I have been married since 1970, and have two adult children and five grandchildren.
- I love international travel.
- My top priority in life is: learning and doing God's will.
- "The Lincoln Legacy," presentation at the Fresno County Law Day Luncheon May 2009
- Numerous journal articles, book reviews, and guest lectures (including lectures in Russia and China) on various historical and educational topics over the past four decades, as well as two commissioned books on the history of the City of La Mirada in Southern California.
- Co-author of "John George Nicolay - The Man in Lincoln's Shadow" (a biography of Lincoln's presidential secretary), University of Tennessee Press, 2019.
Allen Carden coauthors Lincoln sourcebook
Allen Carden co-authors book on Lincoln’s secretary
Allen Carden, Ph.D. publishes book examining campaign to end slavery