Robin Perry, Ed.D.
School of Education
- Ed.D. Education, University of the Pacific, 2016
- M.A., Education: Teaching and Curriculum, Fresno Pacific University, 2003 Single Subject Teaching Credential: Social Science, CLAD, Fresno Pacific University, 1999
- B.A., Anthropology, University of California, San Diego, 1998 - Summa Cum Laude
The FPU commitment to developing and supporting a community of learners is the foundation of my experiences as a student and teacher at FPU. As a student, I was challenged academically and philosophically while receiving valued support from fellow students and faculty. I found FPU to be a place where people were faithfully committed to service. I wanted to continue my relationship with FPU as a teacher to be part of the maintenance of that well-established tradition. I believe in the FPU teacher education program mission that defines teaching as "a calling to redemptive service." By participating in the training of teachers, I have an opportunity to impact children, schools and communities in a unique way. It is enriching and rewarding for me to work with teacher candidates as they establish themselves as scholars, professionals, leaders and peacemakers. I have learned a great deal about educational theory and higher education in just a few years on faculty at FPU. I look forward to furthering my knowledge and, in turn, strengthening my ability to contribute to the FPU community of learners.
- Perry, R. (2017, October). Initial Investigation of the Co-Teaching in Student Teaching Survey: A Content Validity and Reliability Study. Accepted to present at the Poster Session of the California Council on Teacher Education. San Diego, CA.
- Perry, R. (2016, March). Influences of Co-Teaching in Student Teaching on Preservice Teachers’ Teacher Efficacy. Presented at the Poster Session of the California Council on Teacher Education. San Diego, CA.
- Perry, R. K. (2016). Influences of co-teaching in student teaching on pre-service teachers' teacher efficacy (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from Proquest Dissertations Publishing. (10105248)
- Perry, R.K. (2014). Cooperating teachers’ role in learning to teach in and from practice. Connections Newsletter, AERA Graduate Student Council.
- Perry, R.K. (2013). A case for sustainability pedagogical content knowledge in multicultural teacher education. Multicultural Education 21(1), 50-55.