Allen Carden, Ph.D.
Professor of History
- Ph.D., History, University of California, Irvine, 1977
- M.A., History, California State University, Fullerton, 1972
- B.A., History, Biola College, 1971
- Additional study - Talbot School of Theology
- I have been married since 1970, and have two adult children and two grandchildren.
- I love international travel.
- My top priority in life is: learning and doing God's will.
Publications & Presentations
- "The Lincoln Legacy," presentation at the Fresno County Law Day Luncheon May 2009
- "Great Presidential Campaigns," lecture series at the Osher Lieflone Learning Institute at California State University, Fresno, October 2008: Washington, John Adams and Jefferson, John Quincy Adams and Jackson and William Henry Harrison (October 7); Lincoln, Grant, Hayes, Cleveland and Cleveland and Benjamin Harrison (October 14); Theodore Roosevelt, Taft, Wilson and Theodore Roosevelt, Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt (October 21); Truman, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter and Reagan and George W. Bush (October 28)
- Puritan Christianity in America: Religion and Life in 17th Century Massachusetts, published by Baker Book House, 1990
- "Freedom's delay: America's struggle for emancipation, 1776-1865" University of Tennessee Press (2014)