- Office: North Fresno Center, #311
- Ph.D., History, University of California, Irvine, 1977
- M.A., History, California State University, Fullerton, 1972
- B.A., History, Biola College, 1971
- Additional study - Talbot School of Theology
- I have been married since 1970, and have two adult children and five grandchildren.
- I love international travel.
- My top priority in life is: learning and doing God's will.
Publications & Presentations
- "The Lincoln Legacy," presentation at the Fresno County Law Day Luncheon May 2009
- Numerous journal articles, book reviews, and guest lectures (including lectures in Russia and China) on various historical and educational topics over the past four decades, as well as two commissioned books on the history of the City of La Mirada in Southern California.
- Puritan Christianity in America: Religion and Life in 17th Century Massachusetts, published by Baker Book House, 1990
- "Freedom's delay: America's struggle for emancipation, 1776-1865" University of Tennessee Press (2014)
- Co-author of "John George Nicolay - The Man in Lincoln's Shadow" (a biography of Lincoln's presidential secretary), University of Tennessee Press, 2019.