Our certificate in Mennonite Brethren studies provides you with an orientation to the Mennonite Brethren church and its Anabaptist heritage. It is designed for pastors who are being credentialed by the MB denomination as well as students who are interested in their own personal enrichment. The focus is on biblical theology with an evangelical Anabaptist orientation.
Composed of courses designed by a team of Mennonite Brethren scholars, our curriculum has been approved by MB leaders for orientation to the church. The faculty teaches in a personal and hands-on manner and the certificate can be completed fully online.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Faculty who take great interest in student academic success
- Anabaptist focused coursework and experiences
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Fully online program with some coursework offered in person
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- The Mennonite Distance Education Scholarship covers 100% of the online program for active members of Mennonite Brethren churches
- 25% discount for Mennonite, Mennonite Brethren, and BIC church members and 75% additional discount for Mennonite Brethren Church Members and Attenders.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (9 Units)
Mennonite Brethren Studies (6 Units)
|HIST 716||The Evangelical Anabaptist Story||3|
|THEO 760||Evangelical Anabaptist Confessions of Faith||3|
Evangelical Anabaptist Studies (3 Units)
Choose one course
|BIB 720||The Church and God's Mission in the World||3|
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics||3|
|BIB 750||Old Testament Theology||3|
|BIB 752||New Testament Theology||3|
|TBA Evangelical Anabaptist Mission and Evangelism||3|