The Career Development Center at FPU Is Your Premier Resource
Our purpose is to equip you to discover your calling and empower you to use your strengths and fulfill God’s plan for you. Our services are available to all Students and Alumni! Check out the services we offer below.
- On-Campus Job Listings
- All on-campus job listings are posted in Handshake. Handshake is an online job board that is focused solely on connecting college students with internships and jobs. You can create a free account, then use the job board to keep an eye out for new on-campus job listings when they are posted, as well as to research companies who are targeting college students/grads in their recruitment efforts. If you find any on-campus positions that you would like to apply for, please complete and return the attached application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our Handshake Guide to learn more.
- Career Exploration & Planning
- You can gather information about a thousand potential careers from our online and resource libraries. Counselors can also help you explore your career options and help you plan your career strategy.
Career Exploration & Planning
- What can I do with my major?
- Find out what careers you can do with your degree, where you can work, and strategies to get there.
What can I do with my major?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Find answers to the Career Development Center’s most frequently asked questions here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Career Development Center Events and Workshops
- The Career Development Center plans career events and workshops for students and alumni. These include Resume & Cover Letter Writing, Interview Preparation, Job Search Techniques, Networking, Career Fairs, Career Achievement Program (CAP), and much more.
Career Development Center Events
Monday Oct 17, 4-7pm
A special shopping day dedicated to college students + their families, both in store or online. Shop for professional items at discounted pricing not available to the public!
Open to all FPU students, their families, alumni, faculty + staff
Shop in person
JCPenney Fashion Fair Mall (student or staff ID required)
Text SUNBIRD to 67292 to get 30% off
- Resumes, Cover Letters & CVs
- We can provide you with resources and assist with creating a resume, cover letter or CV or revising one you already have. Also learn about writing thank you letters.
Resumes, Cover Letters & CVs
- Internship opportunities are available. Employers seek graduates with related experience.
- Volunteer Resources
- Most employers expect college graduates to have experienced some ideas for finding a volunteer opportunity in your local area as well as opportunities nationally and abroad.
- Interview Preparation
- Use our subscription to StandOut to learn, practice and improve your interviewing skills. Use your FPU login credentials and follow the steps to create your account. To get started we recommend you first meet with a career counselor to guide you. See Interview Preparation for additional resources.
- Job Search Strategies
- Learn strategies to finding part-time and full-time work.
Job Search Strategies
- Networking helps you gain inside information, receive job search advice in your field of interest, receive tips on your job-hunting tools, and obtain names of contacts for informational interviews/possible employment. Learn the steps to networking so you can become an expert networker and connector.
- Social Media Networking
- LinkedIn is the number one social network used by recruiters to fill positions. If you have time for only one social network for your job search, LinkedIn is the one you should use. Contact the Career Development Center to help critique your profile.
Social Media Networking
- Graduate School Resources
- Continuing your education? Information is available to help you develop a plan for graduate school admissions.
Graduate School Resources
- Degree Completion & Online Students
The FPU main campus can be quite a distance away depending on what campus you attend, making it hard to schedule a face-to-face appointment. We also offer virtual, phone, and email appointments, as well as occasional regional campus appointments. For more details and to schedule an appointment, click your campus below.
- International Students
- Working in the USA requires systematic preparation. The information presented here can serve as a guide to get you started in the right direction.
- Need help creating, critiquing, or adding to a current resume? Make an appointment with a Career Counselor to help assist you. Be sure to upload your resume to Athlete Network to help build your network and make great professional connections with other athletes.
- Student Veterans
- The transition from the military to college and civilian life can have different challenges than for traditional college students. Here, you will find useful job search information specifically for veterans.
- Students with Disabilities
- The added attention to coursework and other commitments students with disabilities encounter can interfere with their career development. Here, you will find helpful career development resources specifically for students with disabilities.
Students with Disabilities