NOTICE: View resources and the latest information about the university’s response to Covid-19
Fresno Pacific University's Health Center recognizes wellness as the best possible God-given state of being. Wellness is more than lack of disease. It is balanced life wholeness. Wellness is achieved through nurturing the physical, spiritual, social and mental areas of our lives. Health services supports all areas, but primarily addresses disease prevention and health promotion.
Visit TimelyCare 24/7 medial & mental support
Most services at the FPU Health Center are available at little to no charge to students, staff and faculty. Appointments can be made, but are not necessary. Services provided include:
- Assessment/evaluation of acute (short) and long-term illnesses
- First aid treatment
- Health and wellness information
- Health provider referrals
- Medical resources for students and staff
- Screening of medical concerns
- Seasonal flu shots
- Immunizations / Tests
The Health Center offers a variety of over-the-counter (OTC) medications including allergy relief, minor aches/pains or illnesses. Please see campus nurse for any first aid needs, questions/concerns or call the Campus Safety at 559-453-2298 if the office is closed. Athletes at Fresno Pacific University can also contact the Athletic department staff and trainers for sports related questions/concerns. For any emergencies, call 911.
Community clinic and physician referrals are available if needed. We also have a list of health care providers near the university.
Please visit TimelyCare and WebMD for helpful self care information.
FPU Immunization Requirements for Enrolled Students
- Hepatitis B - Full immunization series. First-time enrollees, 18 years of age and younger - Highly recommended for all students.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) - All incoming students (two doses; the last dose must have been after age 12 months.)
- Meningococcal - Conjugate/vaccine - (1st dose on or after 16th birthday, anyone 21 yrs old and younger)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) - All students
- Varicella (chicken pox) - Two (2) doses on or after 1st birthday, All incoming students born in the US after 1979
* New freshmen planning to live on campus must complete a TB questionnaire to evaluate risk for exposure. After review of the questionnaire by the campus nurse, it will then be determined if a PPD skin test is necessary.
FPU Requirements for International Students
In addition to the above immunization requirements, proof of a negative Tuberculin Skin Test PPD (Mantoux) within the past 12 months must be provided. Completed polio series (three doses of OPV, four doses of IPV or four doses of any combination of OPV and IPV) must also be submitted.
** If you have a medical condition that exempts you from these vaccines or is against your beliefs:
Please download the Immunization Waiver Form and submit to the Health Center.
- TimelyCare: Medical Care for Traditional Undergraduates
What is TimelyCare?
Access to 24/7 medical and mental health support for all Fresno Pacific students.
Who can use TimelyCare?
Any enrolled Fresno Pacific student can use TimelyCare.
What services are available?
24/7 Medical visits and TalkNow visits (24/7 mental health support) visits are available at no cost.
What can I be treated for?
Our physicians and counselors can treat/discuss a wide range of common conditions, and after talking to you, will decide on the best course of treatment. Some common conditions are: cold sinus infection, influenza, stress and anxiety, relationships, depression, nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
How much does a visit cost?
There is no cost to enrolled Fresno Pacific students.
I already have insurance and a primary provider, how does TimelyCare benefit me?
With TimelyCare, you will have free, 24/7 access to doctors and counselors from anywhere in the United States, so you'll never have to spend time or money looking for resources when you're away from home or campus.
Can I get a prescription?
Yes, if the provider deems it clinically appropriate.
How do I login?
Go to timelycare.com/FresnoPacific
* Mobile users will be directed to download the TimelyCare app.
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Center
The Fitness Center is a place where all FPU students and employees can go to meet their fitness needs.